Well, pitiful as it may be that he had to let me know himself that today was National SysAdmin Day, it is nonetheless. So… Kalle, my most fabulous sysadmin, here’s a post just for you to let you know that you are truly loved as a sysadmin (even if I was away on messenger when you mentioned the sysadmin day *cough*).
Aside from all the reasons that he’s a great friend, here are just a few of the reasons that he’s an uber-adored sysadmin.
Kalle, thank you for…
- Originally forcing me to leave Blogger for WordPress by setting up a blog for me.
- Handling all the system files so that I don’t have to be paranoid about them.
- Dealing patiently with my random requests to chmod folders.
- Cnaming the blog server files so that it can still be on my domain name.
- Quietly keeping the running software upgraded, so much so that I don’t even know when it’s happened until I see an email update saying MySQL has just been upgraded.
- Keeping the server running near constant and so much more dependably than anyone I’ve had my sites hosted with.
Overall, thank you for being a great guy who can manage to be a sysadmin and a friend without losing patience with me 🙂