An Android google TV dongle is a wonderful way to transform your television into a totally fledged laptop screen. The device, nevertheless, is only as helpful as the apps you load into it. So if you want to make the most out of the HDMI or USB Television dongle you have at your disposal, then you will undoubtedly want to work with these apps as soon as possible:
1. China Mobile Android TV dongle Remote – this app is wonderful for employing your smartphone or tablet laptop as an impromptu Android Television remote control. Just make sure to set up a Wi-Fi world wide web access point and you’ll be good to go!
2. XTVDroid Remote Server-this is a wonderful option to the China Mobile Android Television Dongle Remote, and it boasts much more robust features like voice control, GSensor compatible and a virtual gamepad on top of its principal function as a remote controller for your Android TV dongle. You will, nevertheless, have to root your device – which might void your warranty – and calls for a input kernel module to be installed.
3. AllShareCast Dongle S/W – this app is helpful for Television streaming dongle devices where you can stream the media content on your phone or Android device to your Television. This is a wonderful companion app for when you have a vivid, image or game on your phone that you want to ‘blow up’ on a bigger screen with minimal fuss.
4. Jellypod – have a preferred podcast that you do not want to miss out on? Use Jellypod to play these casts on your Android Television device as taking advantage of the sound technique it is hooked up to!
5. Smart10 Launcher for TV – this app makes it possible for you to use the remote controller manipulate the Android TV dongle that is plugged into your Television. This is lots of assistance when you have a decent remote that gets the job completed nicely!
6. DIY Smartphone Gadgets Free of charge – if you are a programmer at heart and are not afraid to generate a customized app for your Android Television laptop, then this app is just what you’re hunting for. Study up on it and you can even use this app to control any other Android-compatible device out there!
7. VLC for Android – most of the films and shows on the Web are encoded in extremely certain files formats like VLC or MKV. This app installs the codecs that permit your Android Television dongle to play these file formats and any other that you come across!
8. Crackle – there are several app out there that claim to stream shows and films (typically illegally), but Crackle knocks them all out of the park with its broad option of licensed content. This is a must-install on any Android-powered device!
9. Dish Anywhere – if you have a DVR and want to watch Television shows on your Android device or other TVs with an Android TV dongle, then Dish Anywhere is just what you’re hunting for. This robust little app will save the shows playing on your Television and then let you watch them on any Android device or Television hooked up to an Android dongle!
10. YouTube – What Television list will ever be comprehensive without focusing the entertainment value from YouTube videos? Set up the YouTube app on your Android TV dongle and you’ll be in a position to find all the amateur (and professional) shows becoming uploaded on the premier video sharing website of the world!
This was a guest article from Adeel Quereshi.
Adeel is an Android Google TV Dongle lover based in China, working for Chinavasion: the very first online China Android gadget store based in China that ships worldwide.